CAREERS AT ECKERT BYRNE
Eckert Byrne LLC, based in Cambridge, is a distinguished law firm that provides tailored estate planning and estate administration services. We assist our clients in planning for more than asset protection and avoiding estate taxes. We strive to maintain ongoing relationships with our clients well beyond the planning stage. Our firm’s unique and comprehensive approach to estate planning ensures that our clients receive a plan that truly provides peace of mind. We take great pride in the services that we offer. Our growing firm is seeking an Administrative Assistant to work with our estate planning team.
Please note that only those candidates who follow our application process will be considered.
We value our staff and offer the following*:
- Health insurance stipend
- Dental insurance stipend
- 401k after 1 year (3% employer contribution)
- Short term and long-term disability
- Holidays including the week between Christmas and New Year’s
- Growth potential
- Convenient location – walking distance to the T (Red and Green line)
- Team meetings
- Team activities
*Waiting period applies. Subject to change without notice
We are a very close-knit team, and everyone pitches in when needed on any level. We are a work family and we’re looking for someone who wants to join us and be a part of our family. We care deeply about the clients as we’re there to help people get through difficult things whether it’s estate planning or the death of a loved one. We are caring, compassionate, and go the extra mile to help our clients and each other. We have a small office environment in a beautiful suite in an old, converted factory.
Our ideal candidate has 2-4 years’ experience working in a professional service environment – law office, financial planning, insurance services, or financial institution, and enjoys working in a fast-paced office and communicating with our clients.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Data entry of client information into our systems
- Printing and preparing documents for signature
- Scanning and compiling estate planning binders
- Maintaining office records and client files
- Filing and tracking office expenses
- Assisting with client billing and generating invoices
- Greeting clients and getting them set up with coffee/tea/water before their meetings
- Processing, sorting and compiling ingoing & outgoing mail
- Answering the main office phone line and connecting callers to the correct team member
- Receiving mail, scanning, saving to server and alert team as to items received
- Setting up meetings via Zoom including sending links to all parties
- Providing information sheets to potential clients and collecting forms and other relevant documents prior to intake meeting;
- Ensure attorney has all documents necessary to complete initial client meetings.
- 2-4 years’ administrative experience
- Associate’s degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and work on short-term and long-term projects simultaneously
- Mac user is a MUST
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Adobe Acrobat
To apply for this unique position, please submit a detailed resume and a cover letter telling us why you are searching for a new position and why you are the best candidate. You should also complete the Indeed assessment that will be sent to you.
No emails, phone calls or in-person applications will be accepted.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour