CAREERS AT ECKERT BYRNE
Part-Time Administrative Assistant
Eckert Byrne LLC, an estate planning law firm based in Cambridge, Massachusetts is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant. Our firm focuses on building lasting relationships with our clients and being their trusted advisor for life. We are looking for an energetic, conscientious and detail oriented individual who enjoys making a difference, being part of a team, and takes pride in their career to work in our fast-paced office.
About Us: We’re relaxed and easy-going, but very professional. We create high-level estate plans and help administer estates for our clients. We take our work seriously. We’re known for top-shelf client service, accessibility, and giving peace of mind to our clients and their loved ones. We have been working remotely since the beginning of the pandemic and holding all client meetings virtually since March. Beginning in September, we have started to return to working in the office part-time and in small groups of 2-3.
*COVID-19: During the COVID-19 outbreak, telework has been highly encouraged for positions with duties that can be accomplished remotely. However, this administrative position will require an office presence. All employees will need to comply with our COVID-19 protocols.
About You: You have outstanding organizational skills and are comfortable processing high volumes of paperwork. We are a Mac-based office so you must have familiarity with them and an eagerness to learn new programs. You understand that a law firm handles confidential information and can abide by the ethical requirements of the position. You take direction well, but can take a project from start to finish with minimal supervision. You can think critically about our process and offer ideas to make your job and the job of others more efficient. You can get excited about what we do because of the difference we make for our clients.
Primary job duties include:
- providing general clerical support to the team including mailing, scanning, copying & filing
- Scanning and processing incoming and outgoing mail, FEDEX and UPS for the firm
- processing high volumes of paperwork with careful attention to detail
- establishing and/or developing firm processes to maximize productivity
- maintaining up to date client information and files
- working independently or within a team to complete special or ongoing projects
- prepare and modify documents including correspondence, cover letters, engagement letters, memos and/or emails
- Printing and preparing estate planning portfolios for client meetings
- Scanning and bookmarking estate planning portfolios for upload to client portal
- Filing of invoices to client database
- Managing and ordering office supplies
The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded, educated individual eager to accomplish the first project. We are looking for someone who can commit to 15 – 20 hours a week ($15/hour). Preference will be given to a candidate with prior work at a legal/financial institution and/or bank. This position requires strong written and verbal communication skills; extreme attention to detail; the ability to multitask and work on short term and long term projects simultaneously; a college degree and a minimum of 2-3 years in an office setting.
TO APPLY: https://forms.gle/DvqKnjeRXja7Qabj8
Please no phone calls or emails.