CAREERS AT ECKERT BYRNE
Eckert Byrne LLC, based in Cambridge, is a distinguished boutique law firm that provides tailored estate planning and estate & trust administration services. We assist our clients in planning for more than asset protection and reducing estate taxes, we strive to maintain ongoing relationships with our clients well beyond the planning stage. Our firm’s unique and comprehensive approach to estate planning ensures that our clients receive a plan that truly provides peace of mind and is tailored to their goals. We take great pride in the services that we provide and in the relationships we create. Our growing firm is seeking an Attorney to work within our existing estate planning practice.
We are a very close-knit team, and everyone pitches in when needed on any level. We are a work family and we’re looking for someone who wants to be part of the team. We care deeply about our clients, especially when we help people get through difficult emotions, when planning or dealing with the death of a loved one. We are caring, compassionate, and go the extra mile to help our clients and each other. We have a small office environment in a beautiful, old, converted factory in Kendall Square.
You are experienced in creating & reviewing estate plans (wills, trusts, health care proxies, powers of attorney, etc.). You are comfortable preparing the necessary documents to fund trusts and align client’s assets with their estate plan. You have experience with more advanced tax planning (SLAT’s, ILIT’s IDGTs, etc.) and advising on lifetime gifting and charitable giving strategies. You are comfortable meeting with clients, their families, and their advisors to build lasting relationships and legacy strategies for generational wealth transfers. You are eager to join a team environment where client service is of the utmost importance. You look forward to not only creating estate plans, but helping clients with their ongoing plan maintenance.
Primary Job Duties Include (at minimum):
- Conduct client meetings to design and deliver estate plans
- Maintain detailed notes of all meetings, phone calls & follow ups
- Draft & Review estate planning documents for clients (RLT, Will, HIPAA, HCP, POA, Living Will, ILIT, etc.)
- Prepare trust funding recommendations & documents as needed
- Manage client maintenance plans (AMP) and meetings
- Field client phone calls and/or e-mails
- Work with estate planning team to maintain and meet client deadlines
- Manage other projects as assigned
- MA licensed attorney and in good standing with the Massachusetts Bar
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in the area of estate planning and estate administration
- Knowledge of income, fiduciary, gift, and estate tax laws
- Licensed Notary Public in Massachusetts
- Must be willing to complete a short work-preferences questionnaire, results are shared with you
- Are well-organized & detail orientated
- Possess excellent follow through skills to meet deadlines
- Interested to work in an environment that does not require billable hours
- Are willing to be coached on our unique client process
- Have an appreciation of the value and peace of mind you deliver to your clients
This is a full-time position available immediately. We are open to someone who wants to work a reduced-hour or flexible schedule while still meeting the requirements of the position. Compensation is based on experience and includes excellent benefits ($75,000-$130,000). Our office is closed on major holidays. We offer paid vacation time and paid holidays after a 90-day trial period.
Please note that only those candidates who follow our application process will be considered.
Follow the instructions here:
Please no phone calls or staffing agencies. Thank you!