In our experience, we have seen some of the mistakes people make when estate-planning. We’ve learned that many of these mistakes could have been easily avoided if an integrated process had been followed. Therefore, we have developed a holistic process to help you identify and achieve your estate-planning goals and objectives. By taking the time to know your particular situation and educating you about planning options, we are able to enter into a relationship with you as partners. As a partner, you will have an active role and will be expected to:
- Participate in decision making
- Discuss and share all information about your goals, property, etc. so that we may create a plan that meets all of your needs and achieves all your goals
- Provide all requested documents including the personal information form (PIF), bank & retirement account statements, life insurance policies, etc.
- Provide names and addresses for all named individuals
- Commit to a timeline and adhere to deadlines
Some clients have found the step-by-step guideline (below) helpful in making the estate-planning process easier and more manageable. Check-ins with the Eckert Byrne team throughout the planning timeline ensure that our plans truly reflect our clients’ goals and wishes. We typically complete our flat-fee estate plans within 2-4 months of engagement, depending on the complexity of the scenario, which allows for the material discussed at meetings and calls to stay fresh in our clients’ minds.