In our experience, we have seen some of the mistakes people make when estate-planning. We’ve learned that many of these mistakes could have been easily avoided if an integrated process had been followed. Therefore, we have developed a holistic process to help you identify and achieve your estate-planning goals and objectives. By taking the time to know your particular situation and educating you about planning options, we are able to enter into a relationship with you as partners. As a partner, you will have an active role and will be expected to:
- Participate in decision making
- Discuss and share all information about your goals, property, etc. so that we may create a plan that meets all of your needs and achieves all your goals
- Provide all requested documents including the personal information form (PIF), bank & retirement account statements, life insurance policies, etc.
- Provide names and addresses for all named individuals
- Commit to a timeline and adhere to deadlines
Some clients have found the step-by-step guideline (below) helpful in making the estate-planning process easier and more manageable. Check-ins with the Eckert Byrne team throughout the planning timeline ensure that our plans truly reflect our clients’ goals and wishes. We typically complete our flat-fee estate plans within 2-4 months of engagement, depending on the complexity of the scenario, which allows for the material discussed at meetings and calls to stay fresh in our clients’ minds.
“Very thorough yet time efficient. We are confident our preference were understood and reflected in the plan. We were pleased with the clarity of explanations and overall time for competition.”
“Great process – very well thought through and executed. Anna was fantastic. She and her staff think of everything – they make a complicated process easy and extremely efficient.”
“The use of a flowchart is very helpful & the iterative process was efficient. At first, it seemed a bit mechanical but as we got into it, the structured way you worked proved to be very effective”