National Legacy Day Is Here!
Today, we celebrate #NationalLegacyDay, a day where we encourage you to review your estate plan and ensure your legacy documents are in order and up to date.
Please watch last year’s video from Anna Byrne to learn more about this special event: https://eckertbyrne.com/national-legacy-day/
Each year on May 24th, we recommend a comprehensive review of wills, trusts, health care directives, funding, passwords, and all the documents needed to secure one’s legacy, gain peace of mind, and make things easy for loved ones.
Ready to get everything in order? Here’s what you’ll need.
- Find your binder of estate planning documents.
- Do a quick review to make sure your documents are up-to-date with any recent life changes and verify that they reflect your current choices.
- Don’t forget to document passwords, family photos, family stories, and family recipes. This is about your legacy, not just legal documents! Pick one story or recipe and write it down or record it.
- Take a minute to connect/reconnect with or thank one of the people you list in your documents as helpers.
- Celebrate with the beverage of your choice. Cheers!
We invite you to share your process and experience via social media by utilizing the hashtag #NationalLegacyDay. Also, feel free to forward this newsletter to a friend who might benefit from learning about #NationalLegacyDay.
Additionally, my second book, The Inheritor’s Guide: A Legal, Financial, and Emotional Guide to Managing Your Parent’s Estate, will be available for purchase soon. Stay tuned!
-Anna E. Byrne