This Sunday, May 24th, is National Legacy Day!
On Sunday, we are going to check our estate planning documents together!
1. Download the right checklist for you from here:
2. Find your binder of estate planning documents
3. Do a quick review to make sure they are up-to-date the way you want, with any recent life changes and verify that they reflect your current choices.
4. Don’t forget to document passwords, family photos, family stories, family recipes. This is about your legacy, not just legal documents! Pick one story or recipe and write it down or record it.
5. Take a minute to connect with and thank or reconnect with one of the people you list in your documents as helpers.
6. Celebrate with the beverage of your choice. Cheers!
Take care! Have a great Memorial Day weekend,
Please forward this to a friend who might benefit from reading this email.
Audio Transcript of video:
Hi, I’m Anna Byrne.
I recently sent out a newsletter about National Legacy Day. This is a new “Day” that I am creating, because I think it’s really important for everyone to take a look at their estate planning documents at least once a year.
And I thought, given this pandemic, I’ve learned that doing things together makes it that much easier and that much more fun. So I thought I would do this little video to help you get ready for a National Legacy Day.
So what is National legacy day all about? It’s really the day where you’re going to pull out your Estate Binder, you’re going to take a look at your Flowchart, you’re going to take a look at your Asset Summary. And you’re going to take a look at all of those Worksheets that are in the back of your Binder and look to see what’s there.
• Does it meet what you what you want now, or does it need to change to are your assets reflective of what you have?
• Have you done your funding?
• Have you memorialized your instructions in the way that you want them to be?
That’s what National Legacy Day is all about. It’s just taking these small little steps knowing that everyone is doing it at the same time, so that you have done your work, you’ve done your check-in, and you know that everything is the way that you want it to be because that’s the most important.
All right! Well, have a great National Legacy Day and note that I will be there with you with my Binder, looking at all of my documents and making sure that everything is the way that I want it, too.